Sunday, August 14, 2011

I want to go to Ukraine?

So as Dennis' sister Snezhana was going through an emotional last week, Dennis decided he wanted to go back to Ukraine too. Much if this was being encouraged by an emotional big sister who had to go back.

One of the days he was sitting on my lap at the computer and he brought it up again. I asked why and he said "Ukraine good". Seizing the opportunity I asked him what it was he really liked... He named mama, papa, his teachers, school, Gus, Troy, Ashley, a neighbor girl, chicken, and Ukraine borscht. When I reminded him all those things are here in America, including the borscht we make that he loves, he quickly decided he'd only like to go to Ukraine for a short visit. So I chuckled and told him when he gets older.

He's been talking a lot about his sister coming here forever... The other girl we hosted too. He says staying in Ukraine would be bad with a big thumbs down and coming to America is good with a large smile. That's his main topic every night for prayer time. He's a sweet [stubborn] boy and he has it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment