Monday, May 2, 2011

Cautiously good

Dennis has been dealing with things progressively better.  We still have our tantrums but they are milder and he's reacting better to being told no... especially in regards to attitude.

Ashley and I started him on Rosetta Stone yesterday.  He got through 30 tests so far at about 65%.  I'm very pleased and I suspect the computer classes at school are helping too.  He decided he did not want to do English classes so he got a timeout.  Afterward he sat on the bench until he was willing to do the work... once he got started he didn't want to stop... even with Ashley and I telling him he could be done for the day.  Eventually he decided he was done and it was time to Wii!

Tomorrow he's going to school "wounded" again.  He's got a nice bruise on his cheek where he nailed himself on the timeout bench last week.  After his shower tonight he came down and he has this red mark/scrape from his forehead, over one eye, to the middle of his cheek.  He couldn't tell us how he did it... I figured he nailed himself with the shower door.  Amanda claims she saw him not paying attention and ran into one of the legs of his bunk bed.... will be interesting how it looks in the morning.

Oh... and I forgot, Sunday after church he closed his hand in the door of my RX-8 after he had locked the doors so it took a few seconds for me to unlock it and get him free.  Poor little guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment