Saturday, June 25, 2011

Major Fail

Wow..did we mess this one up.  Melissa and Ashley went away for a retreat this weekend and we didn't think anything of it.  Well... we didn't think ANYTHING of it... like it is the first time Dennis has been without mom overnight since they left the orphanage on Jan 11th.

It took me until about 4p today to realize the reason he majorly regressed this afternoon was likely that he was having a hard time with that.  It was a weekend for just those two and they had some important stuff to get done so we hadn't taken time to call them.

Dennis just got off the phone with mom and understands she is coming home after church tomorrow.  He has a big grin.

We will have another shot at this to do this better next month with the girls (Ashley, Melissa, and two hosted girls) going away for a girl's weekend.

But wow... the only thing I can say in my defense is that we forgot cause Dennis has so well integrated into the family.

Today Sam ended up in urgent care for a sting/bite he got on Thursday.  It got worse last night... whatever it was spread fast.  It went over 2" down his arm from the time I left home to when I got to urgent care.  The doctor still couldn't explain the clear blistering at the edge of the swollen area... that was just weird.  He blamed it on poison oak or something but I seriously doubt it... I guess the only way to know for sure is if someone else gets it too -- but it won't be me as I'm not allergic :)

As a second part of Sam's birthday present we got more fish... at first that is a crazy idea but the Platys' haven't bred as aggressively as the Swordtails so we were down to one platy and 40+ red velvet swordtails.  I had also let the water ammonia level get a little high which inhibits their breeding and makes them die off quicker so our population dropped from the 80-90 fish.  So we decided to add some color to the tank.

No comments:

Post a Comment