Friday, October 22, 2010

Call to Snezhana!

I called yesterday (Thursday) but was told she was not at school. Today I talked to her and she said she was sick yesterday, but is feeling ok today. We had a really good call for about 15 minutes (longest call we've had).


She was in good spirits and asked me to send her boots. I also asked if she needed socks or sweaters and she said she needed both. I guess we'll be sending a much larger package next week as I'm guessing that Denis needs boots, socks, and sweaters, too! :)

I asked about one of her friends whose host family I communicate with and
she said she was good. She inquired about her friend's host family and I said
they were good as well.

She didn't have any more info about Denis, just that he was good and was
playing.

I asked what nicknames her friends call her, but I had to explain
nicknames ... like Oleksander's nickname is Sasha. She still said
Snezhana! I told her that Papa thinks we should call her Snickers -
she laughed and said YES! I asked if I should send
Snickers bars in her boots ... she laughed again and said YES!
I asked if she likes "Sneza" - that's what I call her in our letters -
and she also said YES! So, Snickers or Sneza it is! :)

I told her I have a friend who speaks Russian who is going to give me
Russian lessons starting Saturday! She seemed pleased.

She asked to say HI to everyone here, but the kids were
at school with Donuts with Dad. So, she told me to just tell
everyone HI for her!

I think I'll be calling weekly from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment