Saturday, October 9, 2010

Latest Photo


Hey everyone - so my first post! :)

Hubby has been excellent at relaying facts and a timeline! I know y'all want to see some photos and hear the mushy stuff, too! :) Here is the latest photo we have of Snezhana (who I call Sneza in our letters).



As you may or may not be able to tell, she is hiding a smile in there! :) For some reason the children don't seem to smile much in UKR. Other friends have noticed the same about their kids. When she was here we had to encourage her to smile for photos, or even tease her to get her to smile. The photos the missions team took last month (will post later) contained almost no smiles at all ... but we were told the children were happy.

We received this from friends who are currently in UKR adopting their child from the same orphanage as ours. We so appreciate them taking gifts to our kids personally. While we mail packages every week with letters, cards, photos, and small gifts, that cannot compare to the personal touch of a family from America hand delivering a package from the host or adopting family back home!

I had the privilege of speaking with Sneza on the phone the very next day and she was delighted with the gifts we sent. For only $15 at Target I was able to find a silver heart necklace, matching bracelet set with a pearl bracelet as well, and earrings to match both. For about the same price I found a sturdy boy's watch with Batman on it for our little Denis! We didn't get a photo of him and haven't had any contact with him via the phone, but I'm hoping that big sis is taking care of that for us.

A big thanks to my friend Susan for letting me write about her Olga to our Sneza ... I think it makes the girls feel more secure to know that their families are communicating back home! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment