Monday, February 14, 2011

CoC Arrived

Dennis' Certificate of Citizenship arrived today.  That's really cool... I'll have to show him and try to explain today when he gets home.  Good timing as I was wanting to register him with the Ukraine Consulate but really wanted proof he "belonged" in the US before we did so.  I do find it funny the document says it can't be copy, printed, or photographed.

So 3 kids Dennis knows are being adopted right now.  We enjoy looking at their pictures, naming them (and whoever else is in them) and then praying for them at bed time.  He's really excited about it.

Another funny thing is our ginormous 80lbs hound/boxer (Gus) and Dennis get along great.  Keep in mind Gus weighs 35lbs more than Dennis does.  Gus likes to curl up at the foot of his bed... maybe it's cause Dennis doesn't wiggle, is small so there is lots of bed left, and Dennis likes to keep his heated mattress pad really warm.  This morning I found Dennis awake and laying on Gus with his arms around him smiling.

We had our IEP kick-off meeting at the school today.  He's able to carry his own lunch tray and apparently everyone in class wants to help him... so much so the teacher has to make them take turns :)  His teacher said he's doing really well.  There will be a lot of testing going on and it'll be interesting to find out what reality is with him medically since the stuff in Ukraine really wasn't detailed.

7 comments:

  1. We are still waiting on Alina Grace's COC. Erg! I ran out of time and had to send in her passport, so now all I have is a photocopy. She does have a SSN though, but it lists her as a perm. resident.
    Tick tock tick tock. Waaaaaaiting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The form I got says for questions to call USCIS at 800.375.5283. The also list "child-citizenship-act@dhs.gov" on the header. We are weeks behind you guys so I would have expected you'd have yours by now. We don't have our SSN yet though... at least you have some legal document :)

    Which I love the name Grace... our youngest is Amanda Grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny since when you take it to get an American passport or US birth certificate, our government workers do what else but COPY it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do say you can copy it but you have to be authorized to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it that his teacher has to make the other kids take turns helping D.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Just: Excellent... isn't it a neat document? I let my wife sign everything.

    @Susan: Yeah, his teacher absolutely adores him... and I suspect the entire class.

    ReplyDelete