Saturday, February 12, 2011

Valentines

My wife and I had one of the few date nights in 8 months.  We went to see Harry Potter at the cheap theatre and then to a nice local Mexican restaurant I've been wanting to try.  I really liked the restaurant (two good Mexican places in the east coast so far) and the movie was ok... probably the worst one in the series so far but it wasn't painful to watch.  The company wasn't bad either ;)

With hosting, paperwork, planning, calls to the kids, weekly packages, saving money, and actually adopting there haven't been many opportunities though a friend of ours has been gracious to offer to help.  Tonight we had a babysitter that Dennis knows from summer swim lessons.  She paid special attention with him this summer and he really likes her.  When we said she was coming he made swimming motions and repeated her names... *very* happy and remembered her after 8mo.  Sounds like they all did well and the kids managed to convince her bed time was 9p :)  Apparently Dennis "went to bed" with a play phone and pretended to talk to me on it for quite some time to the annoyance of Sam.  When he heard me come home I heard him talking REALLY loud to me but still pretending to use the phone.

Dennis has gotten a kick out of the picture of Amanda and me from our Father/Daughter dance on Friday night.  My oldest daughter decided it was "EWWW" so didn't come.  Dennis keeps talking about daddy dancing.  He made mention of daddy and mommy dancing when we talked about us going out.  "Dancing" with a 7yr old is pretty much all I've got in that arena.  Dennis is going to LOVE father/son camping in May.

Otherwise today, the boys and I went shopping and got mom two bouquets of flowers for Valentines.  We called S and she spoke mostly in English with minor chit chat.  She told us she is coming for summer hosting... which we of course knew but we liked hearing it from her and wanted her to tell Dennis.  He was quite happy and so are we.

No comments:

Post a Comment