Thursday, November 18, 2010

Another call with Snezhana

So ... another 7:30am call to the school.

She finally got the boots we sent 3+ weeks ago, however she did not like them and they were also too big. :( I figured they might be too big since she was wearing 8-8.5 size shoes when she was here, but told me to send her size 9.

I sent her women's size 9 hiking boot type, but water proof for the rain/snow and apparently that's not what the "girls" wear because she told me they were "men's boots!" I told her they were like mine, but she again said "I don't like." Oh well! Teenage girls are virtually the same all over the world! :) I told her to give them to a friend. She said she gave them to "T."

She said the boots we sent to Denis fit good.

"Papa" asked her what she wanted us to send her and suggested various types of candy! She wants Snickers and M&M (which were her favorite when she was here in the summer). I guess the next package we send will be filled with candy! Good thing the Halloween candy is like 80% off now! :)

I asked her what else she wanted. She said jeans, black jeans. Black is apparently her favorite color! Jeans we can definitely do! She said she still needs boots, girl's boots. I don't think we have 3 weeks left before we leave to get them to her, and I don't want them to be too big or have her not like them ... I think we'll just wait and buy them in Kiev ... hopefully they'll have more "girly" boots in the mall there and maybe more the right size.


She LOVED my husband's sports car and even if she had to squish into the backseat, she would opt to ride in it instead of the "mom van." A bit hard to tell in this washed out picture, but she's wearing all black! We tried to get her to wear other color shorts, but to no avail! :)

4 comments:

  1. She's so pretty. Black is my favorite color to wear too, which is great because everyone suggests to bring all black to Ukraine :) Perfect!
    Their boots over there are not anything I'd let my kid walk around in! Our girl came over for hosting in what we called "street walker boots" (at EIGHT years old) YIKES! We promptly handed her some LL Bean ones ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you got to talk to her again. It must have been so hard to not tell her how close you are to coming for her! Sorry she didn't like the boots. I have been searching for boots for O as well but have not found anything that I think she will like and I will approve of! On the bright side, D liked his boots and at least you know the package made it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny about the boots. when we were there 2 years ago i was certain i was THE ONLY woman in the whole country wearing brown flat boots (fake uggs from target) - all women wear black boots and only age determines the heel - young women wear skinny heels and the grandma's wear sensible heels. i tried to get our older daughter to wear REI hiking boots last year (we live in Idaho) and she cried and had fits. for Christmas she got black boots (sensible heel - no street walker boots for her!) and she was super happy..... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes they all wear all black if they can. And yes they all have high heels! Even the little girls. Oh well, I wear flat sensible black boots while I am here and home. She will be happy to see you no matter what. Remember boots and clothes are VERY expensive here. Food is lots cheaper but clothes much higher!

    ReplyDelete