Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Less than 2 weeks to go

I think we've actually gotten everything we need for ourselves, or at least ordered it.  We still have various toiletries, gifts, and the actual packing.  I still have a ton of stuff to do around the house and prep'ing for keeping up with work while out of the country.  December happens to be a pretty active month if you are in management (4Q sales, performance decision making, product releases, etc).  Fortunately I have the best team in IBM.

Since we are going to have to take two trips a lot of the discussion is around what to bring the kids.  Balancing that they probably needs stuff now with the risk that we have to replace it again when we come to pick them up in January.

Fortunately my wife is great at packing and dealing with these sorts of things.  That kind of planning just stresses me out.  I'd rather focus on the house, financial, and other sorts of things.  One of the things that is a strength in our marriage is we both fret over different things so we can each support the other.

I did splurge on a new GPS for my parents when they are here.  The one in my wife's care is probably 5yrs old and doesn't work half the time.  My parents are much better at directions than we are but in growing up on the west coast of the US you always knew which way to head cause you had 14,000ft peaks on one side or the other.  On the east coast there are no mountains and nothing but trees around... I still find it very hard to navigate.

2 comments:

  1. we're doing the scramble as well... I feel like last night I finally made progress.
    GPS, cant live without it, and I live on and island, where pretty much every 3 miles you'd fall into the ocean, but I still cant navigate without it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome. I broke down and told my wife that she can call the housecleaners to come in the day before my parents arrive to watch the kids. Too much going on.

    BTW I assume you know that a couple of your blogs on "the bill" were deleted.

    ReplyDelete