Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Countdown to Ukraine - Day 7

We leave in 7 days - yippie! :) Not much to report today, but I received a new picture of Sneza, so I wanted to post it. Compliments of a friend! :)

Last night I exhausted my ability to shop - I know you can't believe a woman would say that ... my husband wants it in writing and signed in blood! :)

I purchased the last few Christmas gifts that we're going to leave in the US for our kids to open with Gpa & Gma Macy on Christmas Day.

I also finally managed to get myself a good winter coat. I'd been procrastinating and didn't really want to spend the money ... and my boss said I could borrow the coat she took to Iceland last year ... unfortuatnely the coat ended up not fitting, so I absolutely had to buy one for myself. Old Navy, on sale $50 ... not bad, I guess.

Borrowed some black snow boots from a friend tonight, so other than washing the black socks I need for the trip, I think I'm done!

Now for the packing ... blech! More on that another day!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you'll be wearing black boots! I was given more than one *look*, all over the country, and am certain I was the only woman wearing light brown boots (fake "uggs" from Target). Even the grandmas were wearing black boots, the only difference was the size/type of heel (sensible rather than stiletto like the young women)! does your new coat have fur on it and is it black too?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there! I have been following your blog...perhaps our paths will cross in Ukraine. Brian asked about where our girls are located. Please email us through our blog and we will share. Just keeping that info off our blog for the time being...paranoid perhaps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marti - you can email me at melissmmacy@gmail.com as we will be using that email address while in Ukraine.

    ReplyDelete