Wednesday, March 16, 2011

First school field trip

Today was the 2nd grade class outing to the Winchester Childrens' Discovery Center.  I took today off (first in a LONG time) and was a chaperone.  We had fun, it's a tiny little hole in the wall childrens' center but it is cheap and they make good use of the space.  I was surprised to find a climbing wall and my group wanted to spend half their time there.

This is cool.

Let's try this again using the holds dad recommend.

Not pretty but it works.

A random unicorn painted on the wall across from the climbing wall that he insisted on getting his picture with.



Now these last two I just have to laugh at.  Yes, these are real and the right orientation.  He is hanging upside down off an over hang.  Then when he gets comfortable he starts deciding he can reach his legs over his arms just cause he can.

Even those of you following this blog may have missed or not remembered one of our first conversations with the orphanage Director.  She was very nice to us but she described Dennis as an "invalid".  Now that could have been lost in translation somewhere but it irked me instantly.  So much was going on otherwise that little bit was lost in the noise.  But seeing this just immediately brought me back to that moment and I so wanted to exclaim "SO THERE!!".

I checked him out of school early when we got back.  I got a chuckle of of that too... they list a reason and those before me listed "Doctor", "Appointment", "Sick", etc... I put "FUN".  We went over to the local pizza/sub/etc place and had drinks and crab fries.  My phone wasn't working or I'd have a picture... I liked it and Dennis was ok but eventually tired of it.

It was a long tiring day and he started getting grumpy and acting up.  He stayed home from AWANAs tonight and is bed.

3 comments:

  1. Thats teh first thing I thought when I saw that picture too!! SO THERE!, Director

    ReplyDelete
  2. :)
    Unfortunately he's deteriorated tonight and just won't get himself to sleep. Frustrating to have such a good day end that way... DSi (basically a music player and camera to him) is now gone until his attitude changes. You aren't the only mean parent out there ;) He doesn't get to call his sister until his mood changes either.

    I'm praying he'll get to sleep so we can start over again tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Climbing those walls are quite a workout..., way to go Dennis!!

    ReplyDelete