Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Phew... made it

Wasn't sure D has going to be able to hold it together this morning.  You could see it in his face that he was having a hard time though he got himself dressed, fed, and ready for school.  We were a little extra gentle with how we said things and encouraged him to do things but he complied.

I thought he was going to lose it in the van though.  Bus showed up and he didn't want to go.  I have no idea why as he loves school.  He did have a substitute teacher yesterday and somehow he didn't get his Monday ice cream treat.  With a little pushing from Ashley and I he did go.... he didn't want to hold Ashley's hand though.

I have taken note that he refused to eat dinner last night so he went to bed hungry.. that might have something to do with this morning.  It wasn't my favorite meal either but in our family you eat what you are given or nothing at all.  It was his choice... I ate mine :)

We will see how he does when he gets home from school today.  He doesn't seem to understand yet that I have to work so I can't watch him ride his bike outside.  This is usually where the hard battles start.  He understands he can't bother me when I'm on the phone but he can get impatient with it.  When I'm not on the phone I have a stool next to me so he can watch what I'm doing and I often listen to music while working which he enjoys.

Today Ashley has finally finished her punishment and put away her clean clothes... she drags this stuff out for weeks... so once her homework is done she can go watch D on his trike while she rollerblades.

No comments:

Post a Comment