Tuesday, March 22, 2011

What a change 5 minutes makes

D came home grumpy from school yesterday though it sounds like he did well at school.  He kept asking for his DSi and to bicycling.  Got grumpy with his siblings and eventually I had to carry him over to the time out bench.  I got the "America bad", "Ashley bad", series of stuff then he thought about it and 5minutes later it was "I'm sorry, daddy hug".  Back to his normal self and we had an enjoyable rest of the afternoon/evening.

He didn't actually want his DSi back... I think that stems from him seeing himself as bad and undeserving even after reconciling.  Later in the evening he did play with it but only on the counter where I had put it when I gave it back to him... he still didn't feel like he could take "ownership" of it.

I do need to get him to understand that I have to work all day so I can't take him bicycling until the evening... sometimes his older sister can but only if she's done with her homework and not in trouble.  I'm getting less concerned of him being out there with Sam (who typically is done with his homework and not in trouble) as with the first sign of a car he heads for the side of the road and drives his trike into the ditch... half the time tumbling off of it.  It is kind of humorous to watch... I'll have to try to get a video.

He had a good attitude this morning too.  Last week he earned $0.60 by being excellent at school... the kids use the $0.60 to buy ice cream but only if they get top marks.  Frankly all the kids were in trouble yesterday morning so no one got it.  Since they earned it and this morning they were doing well they got it today.  They were pleased... of course I suspect everyone in Ukraine probably thinks he's gonna get sick eating ice cream in Winter.  Though it's now officially spring and the weather is great :)

1 comment:

  1. Tough love... he'll get it ;)
    UA-American kiddos had tough days yesterday... or maybe that is just life as a kid? lol

    ReplyDelete