Saturday, March 12, 2011

Who is the whimp?

Yesterday I took Dennis to the doctor and then to get blood drawn.  He did great and we had a good time... I was very disappointed they were out of Shamrock shakes at McD's though.

So we are at the lab to get blood drawn.  Now I have to lay down if I'm getting blood drawn or more than 3 shots... it's weird but if I don't I get queasy, if I lay down I can get up immediately after and am fine.  I figured with Dennis on my lap I'd certainly have no issues cause it wasn't happening to me.  Well, I was wrong.  Dennis was perfect, didn't squirm, looked right at it, smiled the entire time... me... I was barely making it after the 3rd vial.  I had to lay on the floor afterward and was still pale hours later.

Oh well... so mom gets to go for the blood draws from now on :)

In the car he was practicing his directional skills.  He wanted to understand where the school, home, mom's work, etc were in relation to where ever we were.  He did pretty good.  Started practicing left and right too... he didn't get directions in Russian so I hadn't been pushing it... on step at a time.  But he's absorbing stuff quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment