Monday, April 4, 2011

Productive... kind of

We got nearly all the wood chopped and split that was fallen on the property.  Dennis and Sam helped a little in the morning and then I conscripted Ashley to finish it off this afternoon.

Honestly, Ashley was the only one who took advantage of the day.  Well, the dogs "enjoyed" being tied up outside.  Ashley spent the entire day outside with her neighborhood girl friends.  They even hung out with her while she was helping me with the wood and were entertained for a while with the log splutter that Ashley was running.

Sam decided to play StarCraft II... and frankly I let him for much of the morning since he hasn't gotten to play in ages.  I made him stop at noon and am not sure what he did the rest of the day.  I think Sam, Dennis, and Amanda watched movies all afternoon.  This is where the trouble ensued...

The chickens are in my workshop which the kids are not allowed to be in... except for the chicks.  You can't lock the workshop [yet] though.  Well, Dennis decided to go look around and he found the portable DVD players... so he's addicted to that.  Mom and I are hiding the DVD players and his bad attitude at dinner and bed time lost him his DSi -- I think both will be gone all week.  Can you believe he turned down pepperoni pizza followed by cake & ice cream so he could whine about wanting to watch another movie?  Really, we made getting dessert REALLY easy tonight.  The rest of us happily indulged.

Ironically after getting himself in trouble for hours yesterday over his bicycle, today he declined to ride it.  I think in the morning it was because he didn't feel he deserved it but the afternoon was the movie distraction.  Ironically after he was done whining about wanting to watch another move, then he moved on the to bicycle... it was all I could do not to laugh as it was getting close to 7p.  I had to put his PJs on him and brush his teeth... his bedtime antics were rather short lived and mild though, still DSi bye bye.

The morning routine should be interesting... I would wager I will end up driving him to school after a timeout.

No comments:

Post a Comment