Friday, April 22, 2011

Singing away

Dennis has started singing in the car a lot this week.  I noticed he did so in children's church a couple of times when he first got here in January but it has been continual now.  We listen to WGTS all the time... or playlists the kids make of music I've put on their DSi's (Toby Mac and Geoff Moore seem to be favorites).  The singing varies from almost humming to pretty clear... I'm surprised how much he's picked up.  And it's pretty adorable in his Russian accent and lisp :)

This is the last week day of spring break... boy does D like to sleep in.  Not like Sam who is up at 6:30a every day... D would sleep til noon if I let him.  I do need to get the kids back to bed by 8p this weekend so Monday isn't so hard.  I get really lax on vacation and they've stretched it out to 10p a few nights... mom isn't so pleased about that.

I'm going to have to get D up pretty soon.  Today we go for his MRI to see if there is actually any brain damage associated with his condition.  He clearly has hypotonia but the medical records were translated as hypoplasia... I suspect that is just wrong but not impossible either.  Hypoplasia can affect the brain so the MRI would tell us that.  D really is doing great... he's been running a lot more and falling a lot less while doing so.  You should have seen him this morning... I was out walking the dogs and he comes running clear across (100ft) our lumpy, unmowed, yard to where I was.  No more "stomp", was a little out of control, but kept coming full bore with no falls... wish I had it on video.

Behavior wise we have had a nice last two weeks.  I'm hoping we've transitioned out of the 2-3yr old tantrum phases to 4-5yr old... I'm going to withhold judgement on that until I see how transitioning back to school goes next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment