Thursday, April 14, 2011

Woohoo

It's an awesome day, everyone made it to the bus on time, and everyone was in a good mood.  Dennis seems to enjoy our little ticklefests in the morning to get him out of bed.... I can see his mouth smiling when I come in as he curls up into a ball to delay the inevitable getting cradled in my arms out of bed.  I'm good with that... all our kids have gone through that phase -- still do to some degree just shorter -- , usually for a couple of years and I'm sure he's never experienced it.

D was downstairs and wanted me to put his DSi on top of the fridge... the "timeout" location for toys taken away.  I asked him if he was sure, he thought about it a second, smiled, and said no.  Took a little time to get him to take it upstairs to his room... counter, no... stairs, no... but he was compliant, just trying to be lazy :)

Amanda was funny as she tried to get away with wearing her dress shoes to school.  I told her she could not leave the house without proper shoes.  Thought I might be bringing her in tardy to school for once.  Keep in mind Amanda is our child who seems to move in slow motion all the time... she comes running out of the house as the bus is pulling up... going as fast as she can.  Albeit her running is actually slow and the backless shoes she found didn't help, she didn't stop running and she made it on the bus just as everyone was getting seating. phew.

Yesterday D was late to school again... I don't think the school looks fondly upon seeing me a couple of times a week with him. I don't think they understand what goes on with adopted kids... but that's ok.  I've tried to explain.  I know Ashley has even tried to explain but they don't seem to get it.  Despite that I'm not going to fireman's carry a screaming/kicking 10yr old boy throwing a 3yr old tantrum onto the bus and strap him in for them... though sometimes I think I should do so just once.  D was just Mr Grumpy yesterday but the little battle was over putting on his medicine for his post surgery care... he doesn't care since he feels fine and it was something he thought he could try to control.  I told him if he didn't put it on "it" might fall off and he wouldn't leave the bench until it was done.... it took a while to sink in yesterday but eventually he apologized, hugged (broke down crying as he does when reconciling), and let me put the medicine on.  Ever since he's been very insistent we put the medicine on and knows the schedule very well... heh :)

Amanda is the bunny on the far left in front.  She had a speaking part before this singing part.


I ended up picking up Amanda sick from school yesterday.  She seemed fine by the time I got there but it was fine.  I think it might have been nerves from the play last night.  She was in the play and it was pretty cute... and fortunately short :)

Please pray for us for this afternoon... we have some stuff to deal with this afternoon that, in the words of my oldest, are "stupid".  Sometimes you have to deal with stupid things though.

No comments:

Post a Comment